Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Seeing progress with MS keeps the fight going

Thinking back, being so busy living life, years ago, I barley glanced at that person in the morning mirror. Often ignoring that reflection looking back at me. She was screaming at me, that I needed to enjoy amazing gifts around me that I had been given. Thinking now that she was trying to tell me to slow down and enjoy the pleasures of our growing family and my good health. I, like many of you,was more worried about helping my husband to provide our family of the things we needed and wanted in our lives, to live the lifestyle we had longed for.

Yes, I was suddenly blindsided with the illness of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).  Hitting me like a furious raging storm, leaving within every inch of my body untouched. Its' aftermath left degree that affected every one in the family. Leaving a silent monster living within myself trying to destroy my body and life.....that I would forever have to silently fight each day forward.

I began to seek out others and learn what they have done to gain control of their MS. I didn't stop! I will never stop learning! It isn't about how I look when I look in the mirror now.  Its about who I have become and where I am going. 

I too have learned what triggers this monster within me now and how to gain control over it.  I now have learned so much of what helps me and what doesn't.  Now I try my best to eat healthy and exercise daily. When I feel like things are getting tough, I look back and see myself at my worst and compare myself now. It isn't about being perfect but how much progress I have made!


Create new story, create a new life!


It's a choice, I have made to never stop trying to fight for the life I now have and want.  I have a new life, with new hopes and dreams. My road that I travel now maybe harder to travel but my destination has not changed.  

I may not jog 4 miles a day any more but I enjoy the beauty in each day.  I no longer take special people in my life for granted.  I take time to reach out to those who need a ear to listen and kind words of encouragement. 


"We are not remembered by what we do for people, but how we make them feel."


You too can do this.  Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something!  I believe we set our own limits. We believe what our minds tell us.  You too have the strength and dedication to take charge of your own life no matter what it throws at  you.  

How do you fight through your struggle? 

Its' never to late.....
Wishing you good health...
MS and Living Life Blog with Sherry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your thoughts....